An Italian Asparagus Recipe
This asparagus recipe is very simple. It is very common in Veneto and makes a perfect starter course.
The cheese is really important with this dish, if you don’t use
the right cheese it changes the recipe completely and the end result is
nowhere near as delicious.
I of course have the added problem that if
the cheese isn't right I am going to have a complaining husband ... boy
can he go on!
A bunch of fresh green asparagus.
100 gr, of grated Grana Padano or Parmigiano cheese.
50 gr, butter.
A dash of salt and pepper.
half a litre of milk.
150 gr of bread crumbs
• Clean the asparagus and remove the heads from them.
• Boil the asparagus in salted water, drain and allow them to cool.
• Line an oven dish with butter.
• Beat the eggs and add salt, pepper, milk and the bread crumbs.
• Spread some of the egg mix on the base of the oven dish and place the asparagus into the dish.
• Cover the asparagus with the egg mix and sprinkle with cheese.
• Cook in the oven at 160°C for 30 minutes
If you are looking for a particular recipe from Venice
Italy, the Veneto or anywhere else in Italy please feel free to contact
us below. If we have something we will send it to you for free.
Maria & Andrew
Looking for more Italian recipes? We have lots and lots of really tasty ones on this site and on our other
The best way to find them is to use our site search engine below.
Italian Asparagus Recipe
Please Book with Us...
Maria here, if you enjoy my site and Facebook page I'd love your support.
Simply book your next trip anywhere (not only to Italy) with the search box below or with any of the hotel links on the website.
I promise you'll get the best deal on accommodation available and the income we receive from HotelsCombined helps us to:
- Stay independent and to keep bringing you the best of Italy.
- Never have to accept money from hotels directly, so that we can share only those we genuinely love.
Veneto Italy is full of secrets, a place of great natural beauty, ancient medieval villages and two of the greatest cities on earth. Discover one of Italy's most beautiful regions...
Even when far away from Italy there are 14 things that are typically Italian, reminding me of Italy whenever I encounter them. They make me long to return and some of them even reduce me to tears.
Need a push to get going? Here are 12 Reasons to Move to Italy now and start living your life the dolce vita way.
The best tours of Venice Italy selected by an insider. Walking tours, gondola trips, St. Mark’s Basilica and even a creepy ghost tour. We have it all!
Looking for unusual things to do in Venice? Apart from the 6 essentials we feature on the site why not visit a few of the secret corners of Venice? The Dorsoduro is a good place to start...
- Do you LOVE Italian food? If you do click the like button above.